- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails removed)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes, in juice
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound linguine
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces, plus extra leaves for garnish (optional)
- kosher salt and ground pepper
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over high. Add shrimp; cook until opaque throughout, turning occasionally, 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- To the same skillet, add remaining 1 remaining tablespoon oil and garlic; cook over medium heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. A
- dd canned tomatoes and their juice, along with 2 cups water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes have softened and are saucy, about 15 minutes. Remove sauce from heat; stir in cherry tomatoes.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions.
- Drain; return pasta to pot. Add tomato sauce, shrimp, and basil; season with salt and pepper, and toss.
Serve immediately, garnished with basil leaves, if desired.